Breast Implant Problems / Correction / Revision: Case 7 (04636)
Breast Implant Problems / Correction / Revision: Case 7 (04636) This 62 year old woman was referred to Dr.
Graham because of silicone gel implant problems (hardening, capsular contracture). She wanted softer, more natural breasts. Her original implant surgery had been many years earlier, and the breasts had felt very hard for most of that time. The original implant size was known from previous records and similar sized saline implants were selected. Removal the the old implants and the hard surrounding capsule was recommended. Mastopexy (breast lift) was also planned due to progressive sagging. The surgery was performed in two stages to reduce risks of poor healing.
- Current Cup Size
- 36 C
- Reason for Undergoing Treatment
- Hard breasts, old silicone gel implants
- Size of Implants (Volume)
- Surgical Technique, Previous
- Augmentation with gel implants
- Surgical Technique, revision done
- Removal capsule & old implants, new saline implants, subpectoral conversion, staged mastopexy