Nine Secrets to Longer Life
By Dr. Sutton Graham on July 06, 2009
- 1. Move: find ways to stay active
- 2. Plan de vida: build your purpose in life
- 3. Downshift: take a break occasionally
- 4. 80% rule: don't overeat, stop at 80% full
- 5. Plant power: choose greens in your diet
- 6. Red wine: glass a day
- 7. Belong: stay social
- 8. Beliefs: get ritualistic
- 9. Your tribe: family matters
These are a summary of the recommendations of Dan Buettner. He wrote The Blue Zones: Lessons for Living Longer From the People Who've Lived the Longest (National Geographic publishers). This work came from living with and studying people in Sardinia, Okinawa, Costa Rica, and Loma Linda, California. If you're interested: http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/product/955/4264/110.html
We can all easily make use of some of these principles. Healthy and happy life is a universal goal.
Related to This
"I am very pleased with Dr. Graham and his staff! They have been incredibly kind and helpful throughout my surgery. The post-op care has also been top notch! They always respond to my concerns right away, and I always feel well cared for, and listened to."Mary V.