"Voluma" New HA Facial Volume Enhancement. We're among the first practices to offer this.
By Dr. Sutton Graham on December 13, 2013
There is a new long lasting facial filler available. Juvederm Voluma is an injectable filler to improve facial aging changes, specifically loss of cheek volume that occurs over time. It is a new and unique produce giving immediate and fairly long lasting results. This is not the same as Juvederm XC, which is approved for treating wrinkles near the mouth (nasolabial groove).
From the company:
What else should you know about JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC?
- First and only Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area, resulting in a subtle lift
- Clinically proven to last up to 2 years with optimal treatment
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is from the makers of the #1 family of fillers
- After 24 hours, you should be able to resume your normal activities
- Side effects are moderate and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. Common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
Related to This
"I am very pleased with Dr. Graham and his staff! They have been incredibly kind and helpful throughout my surgery. The post-op care has also been top notch! They always respond to my concerns right away, and I always feel well cared for, and listened to."Mary V.