There is a new long lasting facial filler available. Juvederm Voluma is an injectable filler to improve facial aging changes, specifically loss of cheek volume that occurs over time. It is a new and unique produce giving immediate and fairly long lasting results. This is not the same as Juvederm XC, which is approved for treating wrinkles near the mouth (nasolabial groove).
From the company:
What else should you know about JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC?
- First and only Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area, resulting in a subtle lift
- Clinically proven to last up to 2 years with optimal treatment
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is from the makers of the #1 family of fillers
- After 24 hours, you should be able to resume your normal activities
- Side effects are moderate and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. Common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.