We're Back! Happiness+Masks. What it is like opening during COVID-19.
It's been 6 weeks now. We succeeded in full re-opening June 1. Here are 8 observations:
- GERMS The actual visit is, of course, somewhat different. Until the pandemic is well controlled, we protect our patients and our staff. Each visit involves face coverings, hand washing, risk screening, and surface sanitizing.
- RESCHEDULING COVID-19 has meant some patients had to reschedule: they had been exposed to a family member who is sick or tested positive (asymptomatic). It is actually not surprising that many people are exposed, since more and more Upstate residents are getting sick.
- SURGERY Elective cosmetic surgery takes place in our own surgery facility. This avoids exposure to hospital conditions. Also, this does not effect availability of community hospital resources, increasingly needed for COVID-19 patients.
- STAFF Caution has meant that staff members may have to have virus testing and remain at home awaiting results, if there were a possible exposure. Thankfully, no one here has been infected by the virus.
- OPPORTUNITY Many patients have found that "work-from-home" has actually created an unique opportunity for having cosmetic surgery. They continue online work, while recovering from facelifts, breast lifts, eyelid tucks, and tummy tucks.
- VIRTUAL CONSULTS These were surprisingly well received when the office was closed for 9-10 weeks. Numerous patients learned all they needed to know to decide on a procedure (benefits, recovery, cost details).
- BOTOX Many, many established patients greatly missed their regular Botox visits. They were forced to see what happens to their wrinkles when this therapy was not available. They were so gratified to resume!
- HAPPINESS We are each so happy to see our new and on-going patients. We missed you. You make our days brighter. We are thrilled to be back at work, with our co-workers, making our living. We want each of you to stay healthy and productive. See you soon!